Experience and enjoy the magic of the Dolomites
A mountain guide from the Catores awaits you. He will accompany you 3 times a week on impressive hikes in the wonderful mountains of the Dolomites where you will have the chance to see marmots, deer, edelweiss and many other plants and animals that are native to our region. Good hiking!
With the Val Gardena Active, of which we are members, all guests of Hotel Villa Emilia will have the opportunity to participate for free or at a discount to the many activities that take place every day:
- Guided tour of Ortisei to discover the picturesque village centre of Val Gardena
- An E-bike ride, which is now the new passion of cycling fans
- Mountain-bike tours that can be easy or difficult depending on the route of the day
- Wood carving course
- Visit the old mills and the rose garden (a picturesque splendor of 5000 roses) of Bulla.
- Cookery course with Val Gardena´s farmers class to learn some traditional recipes of the Val Gardena
- Nordic Walking and much more!
And for children there is also the Val Gardena Active Kids to spend the holiday with fun.
Make your dream a reality!
Forget your troubles and experience a new and exceptional emotion with a tandem flight with the paraglider in the Unesco World Natural Heritage in the heart of the Dolomites!Two or three steps… and you’ll glide above fields, forests and mountains feeling as free as an eagle! Make your dreams come true and live an unforgettable experience! Book a tandem flight with our skilled pilots and discover the world from above!
Example of walks in Val Gardena
Cable car from Ortisei to Furnes at 1735 m - Troi Paian path.We will walk through woods and meadows, crossing lovely streams, and reach "Balest" where Stetteneck castle was built in 1250. Unfortunately the castle was destroyed by a strong earthquake in 1400, and now there is nothing left of it. Nevertheless, the place is really charming and offers a splendid panoramic view of Ortisei. Then we will head towards the Chiesa di S. Giacomo (St Jacob's Church), which dates from the 12th century. After a typical Ladin meal at a small local restaurant we will descend to Ortisei.
We will start our excursion with a panoramic chairlift ride which will take us to an altitude of 2100 m. The real walk begins on a path which leads us to the Rasciesa cross, where we can enjoy a marvellous view of the Sassolungo, the Marmolada, Ortisei, Castelrotto, Valle Isarco, Val di Funes, Bressanone and the unmistakable Odle peaks. Then we will proceed to the Cason refuge or to the Rasciesa refuge. After having savoured some delicious polenta with mushrooms, we can return to Ortisei either by chairlift or on foot.
We will go to Selva by bus, and from there we will take the Dantercepies gondola ropeway to get to Passo Gardena at 2121 m.Proceeding to Puez on foot, we will pass Col Turond- Sas da Ciampac and the charming Crespeina lake. Traversing this breathtaking lunar landscape, we will reach Rifugio Puez at 2475 m. After a break we will start the descent to Vallunga where we might be able to see some golden eagles, chamois and roe deer. Walking below the rock faces of the Stevia, we will reach Selva and from there take the bus to get back to Ortisei again.
Excursion to Alpe di Siusi
We will get to the Alpe di Siusi by cable car, and after having savoured some homemade apple strudel, we will walk through wonderful flowery meadows and finally take the trail which will lead us down to Ortisei again.
From the middle station (Furnes)
- Curona hut (Cucasattel) 1½ hours
- Pic Berg 2 ½ hours
- Church Rasciesa 2 hours
- Brogles refuge 1 ½ hours
- Church S. Giacomo 1 ½ hours
- “Troi Pajan” direction S.Pietro 3 hours
- “Troi Pajan” direction S.Cristina 3 hours
From the top station (Seceda)
- Curona hut ½ hours
- Firenze hut 2 hours
- Puez hut 3 ½ hours
- Brogles hut 1 hour
- Trojer hut ½ hour
- Genova hut 5 hours
- Funes valley 2 till 4 hours
- Fermeda-Daniel-Sofie-Mastle-Cuca-Gambsblut-Col Raiser-Odles-Juac-Trojer hut 15min till 1 ½ hours
- over S.Giacomo: 3 ½ hours
- over the Pic mountain: 4 hours
- over the Cucasattel (Curona hut): 3 hours
- passing Annatal-Caffè from the ski slope: 2 ½ hours
- passing the Firenze hut 3 hours
- passing the Fermeda hut: 2 hours
Direction Selva Gardena
- passing the Firenze and Juac hut: 3 hours
- passing the Firenze and Stevia hut: 5 hours